Sally Drive Advanced
The Sally Drive "Advanced" is a highly tweakable 808
1. Ultra effective EQ:
Original 808's tone knob is only effective mostly on the last 10% of the taper. The new tone knob mod splits bass and treble signal and lets you blend in desired amount precisely.
2. Mid scoop/boost internal trimpot:
Too muddy on your Les Paul? The mid control trimpot removes unwanted low mid and makes your chords sound more articulated. You can of course make a bright Strat/Tele sounds fat with mid boost, too.
3. Dynamic bias internal trimpot:
Control the responsiveness to input signal (picking dynamics and guitar volume) Turn counter clockwise for more sensitivity and turn clockwise for more aggressive, edgier sound.
4. Improved output buffer:
Output buffer is the clean booster part taken from the Sally Drive Classic DC. It is more efficient and it sounds fuller and more ballsy.
5. 3 way "SHIFT" switch:
- The treble boost helps you clean up unwanted bass and low mid which is perfect for driving tube amp OD. With gain lowered to half way you can play funky rhythm with absolutely no mud, even on a Les Paul.
- Stock 720 gives you that SRV sweet singing mid that everyone loves. Basically it is the trademark tone of the classic 808
- Low boost adds more bass and emphasizes the OD texture. Fat and tight, perfect for power chords and riffs on lower strings.
Sally Drive Classic and Advanced share the same characteristic but they have different strengths and shine in different aspects.
Sally Drive Classic = OD + clean boost
If you have a decent amp that needs to be pushed hard or just add some extra texture, Sally Drive Classic is the one to go for.
It is designed to simply sound good with minimal controls and is more suitable for those who already have a balanced rig.
Sally Drive Advanced = OD/Preamp
If you use a strat or tele but sometimes need extra low end for riffing, or you own a Les Paul but don't like the muddiness when strumming chords, Sally Drive Advanced is designed just for you.
With selectable pass filter caps and mid boost/scoop controls, you have unlimited flexibility in tonal shaping. It's specifically designed for those of who prefers to bring only 1 guitar to their gigs.
- 4.5" (L) x 3.5" (W) x 2" (H) [2.5" including knobs] 0.95 lb
- 11.5 cm (L) x 9cm (W) x 5cm (H) [6.5cm including knobs] 430g
- 9V DC to 18V DC or battery
- True bypass